Read More >>
Domestic violence is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 93 days in jail and/or a $500 fine.
- Assault and Battery (first offense)
- Assault and Battery (second)
- Assault and Battery (third/subsequent
- Assault w/infliction of a serious injury
Under Michigan law, a person has a domestic relationship if any of the following apply:
- Spouse or former spouse
- Dating relationship or former dating relationship
- Child in common
- Resident or former resident of the same household
- Up to 93 days in jail and $500 in fines
- Up to one year in jail and $1,000 in fines
- Up to two years in prison and $500.00 fine
- Up to two years in prison and $2,500.00 fine
If you have been arrested for domestic assault do not discuss the case with anyone with the exception of an attorney. Why? The more you talk its like a virus; it infects any body you talk to making them a potential witness against you. If you have been arrested for doemstic assault call as soon as possible your defense depends on timely preparation and aggressive representation of your rights.